21 ก.ย. 2563 | 209
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Singh Intrachooto, Chief Advisor of Research & Innovation for Sustainability Center (RISC) by MQDC, announced that RISC is committed to conducting research for the sustainable well-being of all life on earth under its principle of “For All Well-Being”, looking to spread knowledge to the public. RISC receives 10,000 visitors each year, attracting rising numbers of government officials, businesspeople, educators, researchers, and the public. The center focuses on 7 key research areas, aligning with 12 of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to share ideas to change the world. Consideration for the community, society, resources, the environment, with collaboration across all sectors, is the basis of RISC’s approach and research for sustainable property development, in line with UN SDGs.
SDG 3: Good Health and Well-Being covers the well-being of all people of all ages. SDG 4: Quality Education promotes lifelong learning for all. SDG 5: Gender Equality develops the role of women and girls. SDG 6: Clean Water and Sanitation aims for sustainable water management and sanitation. SDG 7: Affordable and Clean Energy looks for everyone to enjoy reliable, sustainable, modern energy. SDG 9: Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure targets developing infrastructure that promotes sustainable industrial adaptation including support for innovation. SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities ensures the safety of cities and settlements to enable change and sustainable development. SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production fosters sustainable consumption and production. SDG 13: Climate Action brings urgent measures to address climate change and its impacts. SDG 14: Life below Water looks to conserve marine resources. SDG 15: Life on Land protects, restores, and promotes sustainable use of land ecosystems. SDG 17: Partnerships for the Goals creates international cooperation for sustainable development. RISC by MQDC has unveiled 7 core research areas:
1. Health & Wellness aligns with UN SDGs for Good Health and Well-Being, Clean Water and Sanitation, Sustainable Cities and Communities, and Life on Land. We spend over 90% of each day indoors. RISC aims to ensure good indoor conditions with the right temperature, humidity, and light. Outdoors, RISC has developed a city-class air purifier tower, “Fahsai”, and an electrostatic air purifier, “Fresh One”, to counter PM2.5 and PM10. The center is also researching light and color issues and their effects on physical and mental health and well-being.
2. Materials & Resources aligns with UN SDGs for Clean Water and Sanitation, Affordable and Clean Energy, Responsible Consumption and Production, Climate Action, Life below Water, and Life on Land. The MQDC Standard bars various materials, such as solid wood, to reduce environmental impact and conserve resources to protect natural watersheds and ecosystems. The Standard also excludes materials on health grounds such as asbestos, fiberglass, and uranium-rich stone, which can cause lung cancer. Wallpaper is avoided to reduce humidity and potential allergy issues. Building waste and other used materials are upcycled in walkways and curbside to reduce waste. Advanced, detailed, eco-friendly design further reduces waste during construction and minimizes consumption of electricity and water, for instance by recycling water at The Forestias.
3. Biodiversity aligns with UN SDGs for Sustainable Cities and Communities, Climate Action, Life below Water, and Life on Land. The ecosystems at each MQDC project are studied before starting development because we believe that if the world lacks anything, it gets out of balance. Experts explored The Forestias to reduce the impact of development so humans and the rest of nature can live together happily. The development will also increase forest to provide habitats for creatures and all life.
4. Smart & Sensible Design & Construction aligns with UN SDGs for Good Health and Well-Being, Industry Innovation and Infrastructure, Sustainable Cities and Communities, and Responsible Consumption and Production. MQDC pioneered Building Information Modeling (BIM) in Thailand to enhance the efficiency of projects such as 101 True Digital Park, which also features renewable energy. The MQDC Standard is applied at all projects, providing a 30-year guarantee for 4 areas – the roof, building structure, doors and windows, pipes and wiring – to ensure quality, avoid repairs, and reduce resource use throughout the life of the building.
5. Technology & Automation aligns with UN SDGs for Good Health and Well-Being. Energy Recovery Ventilation (ERV) enables good quality air to circulate indoors, providing oxygen to suit the needs of residents in air-conditioned rooms. It also integrates with the Home Intelligent System. At The Forestias, a Central Utility Plant (CUP) and external landscape in a Cooling Basin help reduce power demand. The system will combine heating, cooling, and power to create efficiencies, reducing annual carbon dioxide emissions by 30,000 tons per year, equivalent to planting 750,000 trees, to cut emissions by 40% from conventional projects.
6. Active & Low-Impact Mobility aligns with UN SDGs for Good Health and Well-Being and Climate Action. Designing to reduce vehicle use and promote walking can help decrease pollution from traffic. 101 True Digital Park in Bangkok has a skywalk connecting with the skytrain as well as areas that encourage cycling and it also features EV chargers. The Forestias will have spaces that cars cannot enter and will provide shaded areas for walking and outdoor life.
7. Community & Intergens aligns with UN SDGs for Quality Education, Gender Equality, and Partnerships for the Goals. Research into the needs of each generation can ensure that homes suit all ages, from the embryo to school life, working, and old age, with design to accommodate changing needs and reinforce family relationships. Research by Harvard shows how happiness comes from social interaction. Project design should therefore focus on having common areas for shared activities. Mulberry Grove projects, for example, are designed for every generation to live happily together. RISC has collaborated with Mahidol University to study brain activity, using devices that measure brainwaves, to see how individual environments affect cognition and to design homes that enhance their residents’ well-being.
“RISC by MQDC, Asia's first research center focused on promoting the well-being of all life on earth, under the principle of 'For All Well-Being', has 7 core research areas to achieve sustainable well-being for all life, in line with 12 UN Sustainable Development Goals and, later, all 17,” said Assoc. Prof. Dr. Singh Intrachooto.
3 ก.พ. 2566
โรงแรม ดิ เอมเมอรัลด์ ต้อนรับ รมต. แรงงานและคณะ
4 ก.พ. 2566
เปอโยต์-จี๊ป ไลอ้อน ออโตโมบิล สยายปีกครั้งใหญ่ ปักหมุดย่านพระราม 5-ราชพฤกษ์ อวดโฉมโชว์รูมทันสมัย รองรับไลฟ์สไตล์ยุคใหม่
4 ก.พ. 2566
“ต้า-บอม” ปิดโรงภาพยนตร์ชวนแฟนคลับร่วมเก็บ Moment ลุ้นตอนจบซีรีส์ “พี่จะตีนะเนย” ในงาน “พี่จะตีนะเนย I will knock you : Final Episode” ณ โรงภาพยนตร์ สยามภาวลัย
3 ก.พ. 2566
เปิดแล้ว GO! Hotel Bowin โรงแรมสุดคูลที่บ่อวิน ชลบุรี ใหม่ล่าสุดในเครือเซ็นทรัลพัฒนา พักผ่อนอย่างมีสไตล์ ราคาสบายกระเป๋า พักแล้ว...พร้อมโก!
เว็บไซต์ Thedailybangkok.com เป็นเว็บไซต์เพื่อ ข่าวสาร สาระ และ ความบันเทิง เพื่อสังคมไทยช่องทางติดต่อทีมงาน Thedailybangkok.com แนะนำ, ติชม, ฝากข่าวประชาสัมพันธ์, ติดต่อโฆษณา ติดต่อธุรกิจ : email@example.com
Copyright © www.thedailybangkok.com 2023 all rights reserved.